20 April 2010

history of books: fourth.















"we are the champions."
5"x8"
march2009.















this third book of mine, "we are the champions," was assigned by ryan pierce during my second term at PNCA. the assignment was called "landscape memory."















my memories wrapped around one of the first houses my family lived in, a run-down sanctuary in small town california.














all of my time in those days was dedicated to imaginary games i played with my brothers.















this was only the second time i'd tried sewing a binding, and it proved difficult. (still my sewing jobs on bindings are pretty janky, honestly.)

however, this book captures well a specific scene in my childhood that has a large part in describing who i am today.

(ooo, personal.)

No comments:

Post a Comment